This post may contain affiliate links.
Nothing beats a refreshing glass of well-made lemonade. Using fresh, local strawberries, our recipe offers a healthier twist on the classic drink.
And here’s the best part: our strawberry lemonade recipe can be made with sugar, sugar-free, or natural sweeteners and is incredibly refreshing, making it perfect for the summer months. Plus, it’s simple to make and requires just four ingredients.
Here is all you need to know about making the perfect strawberry lemonade in the comfort of your home.
Why we love it
We love this strawberry lemonade recipe for multiple reasons.
- It has a refreshing taste that quenches your thirst.
- It is made with all-natural ingredients, completely avoiding any artificial additives or flavors.
- You can personalize the sweetness by choosing from options like honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, or fruit juice.
- This recipe provides health benefits because it includes fresh strawberries and lemons, which are filled with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- It is a breeze to prepare, requiring very little time and effort.
When to Make This Recipe
This strawberry lemonade recipe is perfect for hot summer days, BBQs, picnics, parties, family gatherings, or whenever you want a refreshing and fruity drink. It’s a great addition to any occasion, offering a vibrant and tasty beverage that satisfies your thirst and cools you off.
Whether you’re having it alone or sharing it with others, this homemade strawberry lemonade brings a burst of freshness and tanginess that everyone will love. So, whip up a batch whenever you crave a delicious drink, and enjoy the pure delight it brings to your taste buds.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- Small Saucepan
- Mesh Strainer
- Measuring Cup
- Pairing Knife
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 5-6 cups cold water
To make the strawberry lemonade, follow these simple steps:
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. This will create a simple syrup.
- Once it reaches a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Squeeze fresh lemons to extract the juice and add it to a pitcher.
- Blend the strawberries until they are fully pureed.
- If desired, strain the puree using a mesh strainer to remove any seeds.
- Add the strawberry puree to the pitcher with the lemon juice.
- Pour in the simple syrup and additional water.
- Stir the mixture well to combine all the ingredients.
- Chill the strawberry lemonade in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Best Natural Sweeteners for Strawberry Lemonade
Not a fan of refined sugar or want natural alternatives to sugar? There are a few natural sweeteners you can choose from for your strawberry lemonade. Here are some of the best options:
- Honey: Honey is a popular natural sweetener that uniquely flavors your strawberry lemonade. It’s best to use raw and unprocessed honey because it contains beneficial enzymes and antioxidants.
- Maple Syrup: Another delicious natural sweetener is maple syrup. It goes well with the fruity taste of strawberry lemonade. Choose pure maple syrup without any extra additives or artificial flavors.
- Fruit Juice: If you want a natural sweetener that goes perfectly with the fruity theme of strawberry lemonade, consider using fruit juice. You can add a splash of fresh orange juice or another fruit juice to enhance the sweetness naturally.
- Agave Nectar: Agave nectar is derived from the agave plant and has a mild, sweet taste. It dissolves quickly, making it convenient for sweetening your strawberry lemonade.
How to Store Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
To store fresh strawberry lemonade, follow these steps:
- Transfer the strawberry lemonade to a clean, airtight container, such as a pitcher with a lid or a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the container in the refrigerator to keep it chilled and fresh.
- If you have added ice cubes to the strawberry lemonade, it’s best to remove them before storing them to prevent dilution.
- Keep the strawberry lemonade refrigerated and consume it within 2-3 days for the best quality and taste.
- Before serving the stored strawberry lemonade, give it a good stir or shake to remix any settled ingredients.
Over time, the strawberry lemonade may separate slightly, with the strawberry puree settling at the bottom. This is normal, and a quick stir or shake before serving will bring back the desired consistency.
Frequently asked questions
What ingredients are used to make strawberry lemonade?
Strawberry lemonade is made by mixing freshly squeezed lemon juice, water, sugar (or another sweetener), and fresh or frozen strawberries. The ingredients are blended or muddled to create a refreshing and fruity beverage.
Is strawberry lemonade the same as pink lemonade?
While both strawberry lemonade and pink lemonade are pink, they are different. Pink lemonade gets its color from added ingredients like red food coloring, cranberry juice, or grenadine syrup, giving it a distinct pink hue. Strawberry lemonade, on the other hand, gets its pink color and flavor from fresh or frozen strawberries.
Is it cheaper to make or buy lemonade?
Generally, making lemonade at home is cheaper than buying it pre-made. Making lemonade gives you control over the ingredients and quantities, which can help save costs.
How can I enhance the taste of lemonade?
You can add various ingredients to enhance the flavor of lemonade. Popular options include fresh herbs like mint or basil, sliced fruits like strawberries or raspberries, fruit juice like cranberry or pineapple, or even a touch of flavored syrup like lavender or ginger.
Can I use bottled lemon juice to make lemonade?
You can use bottled lemon juice as a convenient alternative to fresh lemons when making lemonade. Follow the instructions on the bottle to determine the appropriate amount based on the desired level of tartness. While fresh lemons may offer a more vibrant flavor, bottled lemon juice can still create a refreshing and enjoyable lemonade.